Wednesday 2 March 2011

Free Form Banana Chocolate Chip Cappuccino Muffins (Phew!)

Today was filled with some pretty big issues needing to be tackled so to unwind I did my usual and baked.  It is amazing how far a good glass of wine and some kitchen time will go.  The Repressed Pastry Chef has a banana chocolate chip cappuccino muffin recipe I have been dying to try and luckily I had most of the ingredients at home.  The 'free form,' bit is because I did not have a muffin tin.  If this happens, you can double up on the paper muffin cups and place them close together for baking.  They will take a few more minutes though as the bottoms take longer to bake when they are that close together.  Regardless, they turned out perfectly and as any good recipe, are even better the next day!

Red wine, my apron, some cocoa powder,
and of course, Vogue; the perfect recipe
for de-stressing.

The final product: free form muffins!

3 comments:

  1. The muffins so look sooooo yummy! I'm so inspired by all of your cooking and baking. I need to get more creative. If you come across any good vegan recipes, please blog about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noted : ) I'm trying to be more health conscious myself so i'll be on the lookout. Please feel free to share if you have any suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be fun to create a cake that way, then peel them out of the paper cups and re-assemble it, and frost it all together for a no-cut, grab-your-own, pot-luck-friendly, silly shape cake.

    ReplyDelete