Thursday 24 February 2011

Obsessions

Couscous is my new foodie obsession.  It is a basic dish that operates a lot like risotto in that you should be able to throw whatever you have in the pantry in with the mix for a quick meal when surprised by lunch or dinner guests.  Be that as it may, I was dully daunted by this strange grain until I finally tackled my fear today.  With some rehydrated raisins, chickpeas, caramelized onion chutney, french dressing, and a little cinnamon and ginger, I single-handedly crafted a dish I could have with this evening's salmon or cold for lunch tomorrow.  There are so many creative ideas out there; I can't wait to see what works next time!


Check out the recipes on this Yahoo search engine I stumbled across while creating my own concoction.  The possibilities are seemingly endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment